Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Parents and My Site

So my parents arrived with no problems. As you can imagine I haven't really had the time to sit down and blog since then, and don't really feel like doing it now. But here are a few pictures from when they first arrived.


First, I took them to the ruins of Pachacamac which is an archeological site 5 minutes from Lurin. From my old house, I used to be able to look out my bedroom window and see the Temple of the Sun, the place we are standing in this picture. This will be the first of many many ruins we will visit in our trip. It helps get a feel for how long Peru has had modern civilization and lays the base work for the ever more impressive mountian ruins.




After our trip to Pachacamac we went to my site, Lurin. First we paid a visit to our local market. Here are my parents in front of several vegetable vendors. I showed them where I buy pirated DVDs and all the crazy fruits that we don't have in the USA. We also bought a huge bouquet of flowers that we gave to the nuns when we visited the orphanage later in the day.
I showed them all the things all the locals only know about and I took them to all my favorite places and walked them through a typical day at my life in site. This is the fruit stand that is across the street from my house. I go to these guys everyday and get fresh squeezed orange and pinapple juice. Nothings says Peru to me, like fresh fuits and juices.

2 comments:

Miriam Geng said...

Healthy

Ari said...

That's funny...nothing says Peru to me like people not showing up for meetings. I got to try some of that juice. Have fun with the 'rents...and hopefully I'll be seeing you very soon to hear all about it!