Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Goodies From Home

Today is the best I have felt in a while. This whole week in general has been good. Tomorrow is the last day I will spend at site for at least 8 days, so knowing a well needed vacation is close, helps a lot. I've been pretty busy, which is a nice change. I've started a mural painting project at the orphanage and we're trying to get the first one done before I leave. I put up a picture of the orphanage, just cause I've been bad at uploading pictures. I'm gonna make an effort to post more. I also have a huge community analysis I am writing for my reconnect next week. So I am in the office in Lima today to use the computers and will spend all day Friday here getting it ready too, hopefully that will be enough time. It should be , as long as I spend my time working on the project and not blogging and writing emails to everyone.


I hadn't been in the office to check my mail in a month. I got a few letters and a package and I can't put into words the way I felt upon seeing the names of people who had sent me things: Amanda, Amber and Spencer. All people I went to high school with, well, I've really known all of them much longer than that. The package was from Amanda. I have no idea how she found the time in Med school to put together such a personal package. I opened it up and the first thing I saw was bright autumn leaves. This is something uniquely Amanda. One of her moms favorite things was the color of the trees during the fall. So this gesture is as close as sending an actual hug as Amanda could have done. As you can see by the picture, I got a bunch of other goodies too. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. I wish the post wasn't so expensive here or I would spend hours making beautiful cards to show my gratitude. I'm coming back next summer and am bringing Peruvian treasures for everyone!

1 comment:

amanda said...

now you make me cry ali :)