Friday, July 4, 2008

I Do It To Myself

I have yet to post my Machu Picchu trip. I have it half written and I'm still so excited to share my stories and pictures. I haven't posted cause I have been so busy. I can't believe how overwhelmed I've been lately. It's a good kind of stress but I miss the tranquility of having nothing to do as well.

I got invited to go to the 4th of July celebration at training today. Me being me, I got really excited and said yes before I really thought about it. In order to go, I had to be at the Peace Corps office before 7 AM to get to training, which meant I had to leave my house really early. I realized after the fact that this was probably a really bad idea. Tonight I am getting on an overnight bus for the norther coast of Peru where I will run my marathon on sunday. I realize taking an overnight bus two nights before I run 26 miles isn't the best idea, but I really didn't have much of a choice with my vacation schedule.

I had already been to training twice this week and was feeling so exhausted from traveling around. Last night I could barely sleep. Partly cause I knew I had to wake up early and partly cause I was starting to get really nervous for the marathon. I finally decided around 3 in the morning that I was not going to go to training, and after that I was able to sleep a bit more soundly. I still had to get up and go to the office really early, cause I was responsible for bringing a whole bunch of Macaroni and cheese. Nobody could believe that I showed up so early just to tell them I wasn't going. I went home and slept for a few more hours then spent the rest of the day in Lima running errands trying hard not to think about the race.

Life has been really busy but great and I can't wait to find time to write about it all. My mom wrote a beautiful little something about her trip to Peru that I can't wait to share it as well. I will also of course have pictures from the marathon. I hope everyone had a good 4th and keep good thoughts in mind for me on sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! Don't wear a new sportsbra or you'll have chafing armpits. Sorry, that's about the only marathon advice I know. Try to throw some gatorade on the crowd for me :-)You're my hero and I love you. Go rock that marathon's face!