Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Pics from the Marathon

This is a photo of mostly Peru 9ers and a few other friends posing on the steps of a hotel on the boardwalk in Pacasmayo. The different colored shirts pertain to the different races. The blue shirts are Marathon, the yellow are half marathon and the green is the 10K.

Me and Greg before the race. Greg went on to win the men's marathon. He trained at 3,800 meters. I trained at sea level.

This is the beginning of the race all starting out in a big clump






By the end of the race the only people I saw were people working the water stops. This is me 50 feet away from the finish line. I was TIRED


This is after a crossed the finish line, eating an orange and drinking really really bad champagne.

















These are some of my friends from Lima who came down to hang out and cheer me on. They also helped me drink the bottle of really really bad champagne. Such good friends :)

No comments: