Monday, June 18, 2007

Huascaran, represent!


This is the neighborhood that I live in. Notice the dirt. There is a lot of it. I talked to my parents on the phone last night for the first time and my mom asked me if where i live is pretty. I laughed. A lot of people think of jungles and mountains, but they´s a desert too, and guess where I live! I live about 30 minutes east of Lima. Lima is actually the second driest capital city in the world. Our training center is in the richest area I´ve seen in Peru, it is green and full of mansions and pools. Just a 20 minute walk and you get to my neighborhood and the paved streets disappear. There are 3 other neighborhoods that the other 31 volunteers live in, and ours is definitely the most ghetto. At street level, it looks horrible, I know. But I have a really nice house. It´s nicer than the house i lived in in spain. I will post a picture of my house and room when my mom sends me the cord for my camera. I have some great pictures to post. This is a picture adrian took.
Thanks to everyone who reads my blog. I love that you guys care so much. Keep the comments coming. Even if you have nothing to say about the entry, just say hi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Ali Girl, I'm sending you some beautiful mental pictures of bright Santa Barbara flowers. Can you see them yet? I love being able to read about all this stuff as it's happening, it's so exciting. Miss you!