Thursday, June 14, 2007

I´m gonna figure out this computer thing

Yeah, it didn´t even realize that when I posted the last one, that it wasn´t going to have any spaces. I spent a long time writing these entries in my room at home at I dont´want to rewrite them when I have to pay for using the computer. However, the time I spent yesterday trying to figure it all out was probably the amount of time I would have spent rewriting it. But that´s not the point. I like to write it when it´s fresh in my mind. There is so much going on that one day passes and it´s already a blur. So I´m not going to touch on the other two blogs I have written, but write just a short summary of some other stuff.
Today we were assigned partners and had to go out into Chaclacyo (it´s pronounced like chocolate cow without the ¨te¨in the chocolate) with different scenarios to get used to getting to know people in the community. My partner John and I had to go to a supermercado, which here are smaller than many convenient stores back home. W had to ask some one all these questions about how stuff works and what not. We found out that you can try any fruit you want in the store and the only fruit you purchase half of is the water melon. I was really surprised to see the variety of fruits and veggies they have. But I´ve been told that when we go to our isolated site, there isn´t going to be much of a selection. Every group had to go to a school and talk to some one to see how the school system works. All the schools here are surrounded by cement walls and are very intimidating to go into. My partner is in the novice level of spanish where as I am in advanced, so you can guess who did all the talking. But it´s great practice and it went very well. I already had an idea about the school system cause I talked with my host sister last night.
All and all it´s good. I´m getting to know the community I live in. I asked my señora if she knows anyone in out little town that works with kids and she says she knows a PE teacher so she´s gonna talk to her today to try to arrange a meeting. Well that´s all for now I guess. Hopefully I will figure this stupid CD thing soon.

No comments: