Friday, September 28, 2007

24

Yeah Im posting on my Bday, just to let you all know how awesome its been so far. Im basically having a 4 day celebration. Yesterday I went into training with Adrienne, Jah and Jake. It was just like old times. I laughed so hard I forgot what it felt like. I visited my host mom and went around with Adrienne while she said her goodbyes to everyone. It was actually kind of hard in that sense. A lot of people cried and I was there for support and to make those awkward moments a little more bearable.

Me and Adrienne cooked dinner with Marui (our totally fabulous tech trainier) and at her house in Lima. Then, we went over to Mikes (our other totally awesome tech trainer) and drank beer with him catching up and saying goodbye all at the same time. Then I went back to Adriennes hostel room and crashed. It was cold, so we cuddled.

This morning I went to the VAC meting. It was really informative but it lasted 4+ hours so I was pretty happy when it was over. About 20 of us went out to lunch at an all you can eat meat buffet. You know, the kind where waiters walk around with big skewers of meet until you can do no more. It was especially awesome cause Ive been meat deprived these days. The lunch was really great cause I got to hand out with old friends, new volunteers and staff members. The PC staff are super cool. Most of them are Peruvians so our conversations are always a mix of spanish and english. And all the waiters came up with candle lit desert and sang. After working at the cheesecake factory for so long I pretty much despise the birthday song, but was fun I have to admit.

So now Im back at the office and getting ready to head to Miraflores where a bunch of us are gonna go out. Hopefully I wont party too hard, cause I have to be at the orphanage for my birthday celebration and then sunday I have a big birthday lunch with my host family. I think Im gonna be pretty ready for my bithday finally end once october rolls around.

3 comments:

Lili said...

I hope you got my email today. Happy happy birthday again! (I'm starting to get the feeling you're boycottimg me because you haven't responded to my last two emails.)

Rhonda said...

Happy 24th Birthday Ali! I've enjoyed your posts so much. I've laughed, I've cried. You truly have a gift in your writing and I'm sorry I've never commented prior to now. Enjoy your four day celebration!!! We all miss you so much. Love, Aunt Rhonda

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you
You live in Peru
You're called monkey girl by my brother
and you smell like Shampoo!

Hope that was a nice change from your cheesecake factory days. I love you, do some 80's dancing for me, maybe a little karaoke too ;)
Sent my PA school apps in this morning so your day is extra special. Now I'll have some time to go on a scavenger hunt for fun Aligirl prizes to send! Mwah x 24!(That's supposed to be 24 kisses for you)